How do you feel after going for a complimentary health treatment such as massage, infra-red light therapy, reflexology, or Reiki? My guess is that you leave your appointment feeling relaxed, less stressed, and refreshed.
When people or animals are stressed (because of physical injury, illness, or environmental triggers), they produce cortisol – the “fight-or-flight” hormone. High cortisol levels can reduce the immune system’s efficiency and make it much more difficult to heal from acute or chronic issues. A stressed animal also has trouble regulating emotions and behaviours. This is where Reiki comes in!
During a Reiki session, the practitioner will help your pet to feel more relaxed by using the universal life force energy to bring balance, reduce stress, and promote healing. Depending on the temperament and preferences of your pet, this may or may not involve physical touch.
Reiki benefits for pets may include:
- Alleviating stress and facilitating a calm mental state in your pet
- Supporting your pet’s energy levels and overall well-being
- Acting as a compliment to veterinary treatment
- Supporting your pet to heal after surgery, injury, or trauma
- Bringing balance to the body so the animal can better deal with acute or chronic illness
- Supporting pets through depression or grief
- Helping pets with social or emotional challenges such as separation anxiety or fear of strangers
- Owners benefit by passing along compassionate care and kindness, which strengthens the bond between you and your pet